“Halal Research Council” provides services globally for scrutinizing, analyzing and testing following products and beyond on the standards defined in Islam for Halal foods.
- Slaughter Houses (for animals meat)
- Foods (both raw and processed)
- Cosmetics and Chemicals
- Dairy and aquatic Products
- Slaughtering process for Halal food
- Fat Products
- Fruits, Flour & Corn Products
- Poultry and Livestock Products
- Energy Supplements
- Dietetic Foods
- Drinks & snacks
Importance’s of Halal Certification:
As Muslims, It is our duty to eat Halal food while in the Holy Quran it has been stressed heavily on consumption of food which fulfills certain criteria eligible to be Halal. Some verses are:
- “So eat of that (meat) upon which Allah's name has been mentioned, if you are believers in His verses” (Al-Anaam 6:118)
- “And do not eat that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned, for indeed it is a grave disobedience”. (Al-Anaam 6:121)
- “O Messengers, eat from the pure foods and work righteousness”
- Ka`b Ibn Ujrah relates that the Prophet of Allah (PBUH) said, “a body nourished with Haram will not enter Jannah”. (Tirmidhi)
- S'ad RA relates: Allah's messenger PBUH said “O S'ad purify your food (and as a result) you will become one who's supplications are accepted. I swear by He in whose hands the soul of Muhammad PBUH lies, verily a servant (of Allah) tosses a Haram morsel in his stomach (due to which) no deed is accepted from him for 40 days” (Tabarani)
- Abu Baker RA narrated that Allah's Messenger PBUH said “That body will not enter Paradise which has been nourished with Haram” (Baihaqi)
- Jabir RA reported, Allah's Messenger PBUH said, “That flesh will not enter Paradise which has grown from Haram, and all that flesh which has grown from Haram, the fire (of hell) is more worthy of it.” (Ahmed, Darimi, Baihaqi)
Advantages of Halal Certification to the Manufacturers and Producers:
- Improvement in brand image by fulfilling different consumer requirements.
- Prospects of penetrating into a worldwide Halal food market of over 1.5 billion people.
- A sound edge is attained over the competitors.
- Strict rules are maintained relating to private sanitation of facilities that in addition to the other obligatory hygienic practices observed on the premises.
- It is more promotable and marketing is more attractive, with a distinct logo of Halal recognition on all the products.
- Improvement in the food quality by stringent quality assurance policy as per international standards.
- Hall insignia is a trustworthy, autonomous and dependable acknowledgment to back Halal food claims.
- Improved advertisement and acceptance of products in Muslim countries/markets.